Frequently Asked QuestionsRead All
- Where the cashback shall be credited?
The cashback shall be credited to your RenTrip Wallet. You can use this promotional money to make future bookings on RenTrip.
- Will I get the bike in good condition?
Yes you will get the bike in a very good condition. Our bikes get serviced after every trip and faulty parts are changed regularly. We fully check our machines before giving them to you so you can have an awesome time driving.
- How can I book my bike?
Just login to www.rentrip.in, choose the place where you want your bike, select your favourite bike and book the best price for your bike. Here you go buddies; it’s not that difficult right.
- Where shall I get the bike? How shall I get the address to pick up the motorcycle?
It is not possible for us to provide the complete address with bike listing. However, on the bike search page, we have given a brief location of the bike. Once your booking is complete, you get an E-mail and SMS having the complete address and contact number of the dealer. These details are also printed on your invoice and always available on your personal dashboard.
- How can I know my booking is confirmed?
After completing your booking on Rentrip you will get a message and email which includes your pick-up location and time and other details of the booking.
- What will be the documents I have to provide?
Generally, any ID proof such as Aadhaar card, Pan Card, Voter id or Passport plus a valid driving license authorizing the type of bike rented in India shall be required. We don't accept colour copies of documents in place of the original. Additional requirements if any, are given on terms on bike listing page.
04 Dec, 17
The business of renting bikes can be very rewarding if managed efficiently. Travellers and commuters are nowadays looking for the affordable and cheaper mode of commuting that does not tie them up with complex tariff plans and cost dearly at the end.
HOW TO START?
- Find a place for parking bikes, office, and maintenance space. Places located near to tourist gatherings usually attract more traction.
- Comply with statutory and regulatory requirements. Renting bikes in India is regulated by Bike Renting Scheme 1997 and State Government Laws. If your State has not formulated specific laws, approach your RTO with the application as prescribed in Bike Renting Scheme 1997. Usually, you will need to start off with minimum 5 bikes and they shall need to be registered under commercial category.
- Check if your State Transport Department have any additional requirements for financial capacity, character certificate etc.
- Choose which bikes to buy. Usually, that generally depends on the kind of customers you shall be receiving. Cruiser bikes like Royal Enfield, Avenger etc are in demand at places located at or near hill stations. For Metro commute, Activa or lower CC bikes should work well. However, there is no thumb rule. That purely works on your judgment and budget. If you still need advice, contact us and we shall help you out.
- Now it’s time to start promoting your business. There are traditional as well as digital channels which should work well. If you just want to focus on your business, create an account with us and we shall take care of your business. Your page on RenTrip shall have all the features, a bike renter need. From managing time slots to keeping customer’s record, all can be done to your dealer’s account with ease and the best thing is that it is totally free. We shall charge commissions, only when you make a sale.
- Caution is the key to renting bikes. Always verify the identity and driving license of the person willing to rent a bike from you. Feel free to deny if you ascertain the person renting from you is not genuine. Install GPS in your bikes to track speed and location of your bikes. Ask your customers to wear a helmet and follow traffic rules. Tell your customers to sign an agreement with you where you can write your terms. These terms should focus on deterring anyone from abusing the bikes. Being clear from the start will help you build up a good relationship between you and your customers.
- Keep records properly. Usually, you shall need to find a secure place where you shall be keeping your records. A good record helps in running a business trouble-free.
If you want to take advantage of RenTrip experience and expertise, apply for RenTrip franchise. Never the less, we are with everyone, who want to start the business of renting bikes. Interested? Write to us on email@example.com or call us on +91 9127008800.